Sunday, September 21, 2014

Happy Bloody Birthday

I suppose I should be grateful that I have survived as long as I have. But as someone who has been told that my recent health issues are "to be expected at your age" by not one, not two but THREE physicians, I am NOT looking forward to advancing any more in age. Since I now pass into the "Senior" years starting tomorrow morning at 9:25am, I am really, really struggling with this birthday. Usually when I feel blue, I resort to watching one of my favorite "feel good" movies. I was trying to come up with a list of the top 10 and thought I would start by sharing five of mine (in alphabetical order because I'm anal like that):

Blues Brothers


C'mon - it's Chicago, it's got penguins, Danny Akroyd, John Candy AND the late, great John Belushi. What's not to love?

Down Periscope


Any movie whose title song is sung by the Village People is OK in my book!

Real Genius


When Val Kilmer was HOT!

Running Scared


Again - it's CHICAGO (my hometown that I am VERY proud of), has some of the BEST one liners "why do they call you Snake - you gotta long wee wee or somethin?" and "Hablo Smith and Wesson?"! AND in my opinion, Jimmy Smits is a MUCH better baddie than he is a hero. Besides it's got BILLY CRYSTAL and the late, great Gregory Hines. Best team EVER!

Waking Ned Devine


Talk about life dealing you a crap hand! The friendship between Michael and Jackie is priceless. I love the scenes of Michael O'Sullivan driving down the Irish country roads on a motor bike NAKED!! And the MUSIC!! I LOVE Celtic music.

I'm going to have to chew on the next movies. There are many more than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment