Friday, September 26, 2014

That Was the Week That Was...

As a birthday gift to myself, I decided to take a week off work and do NOTHING. Not a darn thing. Mostly because Im feeling quite overwhelmed by work right now and unable to create anything.
With that thought also in mind, I decided that this "pit" known as my sewing room/studio (I'm not really an artist, so I feel funny calling it a studio) needed an overhaul. I did not take before pictures as I was too embarrassed. Let's just say I needed a dumpster and shovel to even clear a path to the sewing machine!
I've recently started playing with clay thanks to classes from two amazing artists. Dee Schiller and Kathryn Walmsley both gave me the desire/impetus to start sculpting. However working in any type of clay near fibers and fabrics is a recipe for disaster. I ended up with specs, lumps and lines in the clay from the fiber.
A trip to IKEA this summer yielded the corner desk and the shelving unit. I've now got everything (sort of) organized except for the pile of fabric still to be folded on the cutting table. I haven't been able to get to that since I have a squatter taking up residence in the fabric.


And I wonder why there's always cat hair on my things!
Anyway, here is the clay sculpting area:


I can now see the top of my sewing machine AND I added a small pad for ironing. Came in handy yesterday!


And last (but certainly not least) the wonderful cubby cabinet from IKEA:


Let's hope this is the kick in the pants I need to get creative again!

No comments:

Post a Comment